I made three buntings for the baby.  I used a Simplicity pattern (#5720), but modified a few parts.  I found I spent most of my time making these in transferring the pattern.  I wanted to keep copies of the three sizes the pattern came in which meant a lot of tracing and cutting for me to do.

The pattern called for a bias tape collar, but I think bias tape is not soft so I made my own collar from the flannel for each bunting.  I also added a cover to the back side of the zipper so that the soft flannel would be against baby's skin, not the zipper itself.

I will make more of these (this is only round 1) but I'm making other things first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...